FIRST Robotics Competition Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting the FRC Driver Station for computer other than the classmate

Greetings,

After reimaging the Classmate PC with the image on the USB provided in the kit, i noticed the LabVIEW was not on there anymore.

I also noticed that it was the only way to run the driver station, by having the LabVIEW software onto the computer.

We have the software on a USB and began to load LabVIEW, however the space on the Classmate was not enough to finish the installation. I need some assistance in recomendations on what to delete from the Classmate in  order to complete the installation.

When I try to open the driver station a message atatin this appears:

Unable to locate LabVIEW Run-Time Engine

Driver Ststion Requires a version of 8.6.1 (or compatible) LabVIEW Run-Time Engine. Please contact the vendor of Driver Station to correct this problem.

Also, how would I get the driver station program onto a computer other than the classmate?

Thank you!!!

-Vivian Stepp, FIRST Team 3091

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(4,922 Views)

Hi,

There is a space recovery file process provided somewhere.

But to get the DS on a different computer, just download the DS, and Utilities, and install Labview (you will need to reimage the cRIO of not already done so with new updates)

On the FIRST Forums the Game Design Committee, said that it is not required to use the Classmate.   But I am not sure if we have to set the computer driver station up like the Classmate, or if it can just open the application.

Glad to Help,

Davis Catherman

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,844 Views)

Thank you for your help.

I have installed LabView, and updated with the utilities and the labview update.

Now I have a question of where do i get the DS software from?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,844 Views)

I think the DS updater (http://joule.ni.com/nidu/cds/view/p/id/2263) installs it as well, but I'm not sure.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,844 Views)