FIRST Robotics Competition Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failure to Install

Anyone nhave issues installing the LV and WR software? We have succesfully installed on our programming laptop and I have successfully done a test install on my personal home computer but can not get it to install on a desktop machine based at the school - has ProE, Inventor and 3DSMAX on it already.

Seems to be loading/reading code from DVD but when actual install begins, get:

Error: A file, directory, or other piece of data could not be found. (error code -32).

Any ideas?

Stu Karlsruher

BUZZ Robotics Team 175

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(7,009 Views)

You could try copying the CD to the Hard Drive, and running the installation from there.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,501 Views)

THX.

I did try to copy these DVDs to HD but get a CRC type error. Even tried to run setup.exe for each tool in "Distribution" in the order shown in the html/xml install file - NG. Will try a few things tomorrow but it has to be something on our school machines. No issues with loading on my home computer or on Team's programming laptop.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,501 Views)

well, I think you have a few options.

1. Try copying the files to a Flash Drive.

2. Contact your school administor to help you.

3. Try copying it to the hard drive to a coputer that will copy it, and install it throught the network.

Check to see if that computers CD  drive is going bad, or check to see if that computers HD is going bad.

Good luck. Other than that i have no other suggestions.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,501 Views)