From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

FIRST Robotics Competition Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTC robot still lagging after update

We've been working on our robot for the past several weeks and we are about done with construction and programming. We are having a slight problem with our controls. Everything we tell the robot to do in teleop is delayed by about 1/2 a second. The arm is toned down enough that it's not that big of a deal, but the delay is making driving the base VERY difficult. We installed both updates from the NI site. I double checked the installation process and everything was done correctly. We are going to try a work around the problem by setting up a deadzone on the control sticks, but that does not solve the underlying issue. Several other teams are reporting the same issue. Is there a systemic problem or are we doing something wrong?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(7,069 Views)

Sorry, just notice you said FTC, this is for FRC.

The lag is a known problem the is being worked on.

See this thread on the beta forum:

http://forums.usfirst.org/showthread.php?t=10512

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,900 Views)

Have you installed the most recent update?  We put one up on about the 18th of November or so.  I know you said you installed both updates, but we haven't been adding more - we've just been "updating the update" for the motors to avoid confusion.  If you updated before that, try the newest version and see if it helps.

Otherwise, I'd have to take a look at your code.  You can email it to me at ramsey.nasir@ni.com.

Ramsey Nasir
Senior Software Engineer, InsightCM R&D
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,900 Views)

Rnasir,

We updated on Nov. 29th. According to your information, we have the most current update. We have mitigated the problem by putting a deadband (+/- 10) on the sticks. The lag is still there, however. I'll send you the code as soon as i can get it off the school computer. We have been lax in out comments so i'm going to have my students put some in to help with navigation.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,900 Views)