FIRST Robotics Competition Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FRCLabVIEWUpdate1.0.zip for Linux versions?

http://joule.ni.com/nidu/cds/view/p/id/1180/lang/en

What exactly does this update? Do those of us who have requested the Linux version need a patch for ours too?

If it is just updating the VI's, then one could probably just copy the Updated Vi's from a patched windows system, but if this patches more than that we need a Linux patch too.

The download link for the FRCLabVIEWUpdate1.0 say's this:

Software type: Addon/Toolkit
Operating system: Any

But, i don't really believe it. I think this is for Windows systems only.

What do us Linux users do? Should this even be a concern?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(7,174 Views)

tvrobotics,

You are correct in that this update is for Windows systems only.  The only officially supported platforms for the FRC Robotics Software 2009 are Windows XP and Vista 32-bit.

As far as I know, this package updates the documentation, WPI Robotics Library API, and some examples.

Ben

National Instruments
Certified LabVIEW Associate Developer
Certified TestStand Developer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,531 Views)

I just noticed that update #2 has been released for windows versions now.

http://joule.ni.com/nidu/cds/view/p/id/1180/lang/en

I downloaded it, and read the readme.

The LabVIEW portion of the FIRST Robotics Competition (FRC) Software 2009 Update 2 includes the following new features:

* The Dashboard Main VI in the FRC dashboard project has an updated analog data display, and the Dashboard Main VI now logs the history of the User Data you receive from the robot. Click the FRC Dashboard Project link in the Getting Started window to create a new FRC dashboard project. Refer to the FRC Dashboard Project section of Chapter 4, Using the FRC Framework, of the LabVIEW Robotics Programming Guide for the FIRST Robotics Competition for more information about using the FRC dashboard project.

* Use the Ultrasonic VIs to measure the distance between an ultrasonic sensor on the robot and the closest object in front of the sensor. Refer to the LabVIEW Help, available by selecting Help»Search the LabVIEW Help, for more information about the Ultrasonic VIs.

* A new image for the CompactRIO device is available. Download the FRC_2009_v7.zip image to the CompactRIO device by selecting Tools»CompactRIO Imaging Tool to launch the CompactRIO Imaging Tool dialog box and selecting FRC_2009_v7.zip from the Select Image list. Refer to Chapter 3, Configuring the Camera and the CompactRIO Device, of the LabVIEW Robotics Programming Guide for the FIRST Robotics Competition for more information about using the CompactRIO Imaging Tool.

The following issues exist in the LabVIEW portion of the FIRST Robotics Competition software when you upgrade from the Update 1 or earlier release.

* FRC dashboard projects you created in previous versions of the FIRST Robotics Competition software are no longer compatible with the dashboard data the FRC robot sends to the host computer. You must create a new FRC dashboard project by clicking the FRC Dashboard Project link in the Getting Started window.

It stated that it is updating a couple of the VI's. So, Once i have a fully patched windows version of LabVIEW i'm going to copy them tho the Linux FRC LabVIEW version too.

I haven't read the FRCLabVIEWUpdate1.0.zip readme, but update number 2 say's that update number 1 has been included in update #2.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,531 Views)

The page was just updated to say the update is for windows.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,531 Views)