FIRST Robotics Competition Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error Code Help

Hey guys, when I deploy the project to the roboRIO and attempt to teleoperate it, the driver station keeps kicking out these errors: 

ERROR  -44035  FRC:  The PWM channel index is invalid.  WPI_PWMChannelCache.vi 

ERROR  -63195  Read/Write Control in FPGA_DIOWritePWMValue.vi->WPI_DigitalModuleSetPWM.vi->WPI_MotorControlSetOutput.vi->Teleop.vi->Robot Main.viThe handle for device communication is invalid or has been closed. Restart the application.

This is my first year programming on labVIEW and I would really appreciate some help. Thank you

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,665 Views)

Hello theschmolo3,

I believe that means that one or more PWM motors are not being found by your code. I would recommend checking the Begin.vi in your code and making sure you have written the correct IDs:Screen Shot 2019-01-12 at 4.33.54 PM.png

I would then make sure the name is the same when you set and get your references in Teleop.vi:Screen Shot 2019-01-12 at 4.34.13 PM.png

I hope that helps!

Message 2 of 5
(2,648 Views)

Hey Oscar, I tried your solution, and it still puts out the errors. I made sure they were talon SR speed controllers also. Any other reason?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,630 Views)

theschmolo3,

From the errors you send, I presume it has something to do with the reference you are using to connect to your motors, but I could be wrong:

ERROR -44035 FRC: The PWM channel index is invalid. WPI_PWMChannelCache.vi

ERROR -63195 Read/Write Control in FPGA_DIOWritePWMValue.vi->WPI_DigitalModuleSetPWM.vi->WPI_MotorControlSetOutput.vi->Teleop.vi->Robot Main.vi The handle for device communication is invalid or has been closed. Restart the application.

Can you share us your Begin.vi and Teleop.vi (either as screenshots/snippets or attaching them), as well as the PWM channels in the roboRIO to which you are connecting your Talon SRs? It would be useful to see the block diagram to have a better understanding on what is happening in the code.

Thanks,

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,623 Views)

Can you post your code in a zip file.

It is easier to help if we can see what you see.

Champion CLA

Making senseless computers do
intelligent real world things
is NOT easy. SO MAKE IT FUN!
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,619 Views)