FIRST Robotics Competition Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 7 occurred at Open VI Reference in FRC Create Project.vi->FRC Wizard - Robot.vi

i have no idea why im getting this error, i followed the basic motor tutorial video untill i got to "create new FRC Robot Project". when i create new project i cant click on the panel to the right to change the ip and then when i click finish i get:

Error 7 occurred at Open VI Reference in FRC Create Project.vi->FRC Wizard - Robot.vi

LabVIEW:  File not found. The file might have been moved or deleted, or the file path might be incorrectly formatted for the operating system. For example, use \ as path separators on Windows, : on Mac OS, and / on Linux. Verify that the path is correct using the command prompt or file explorer.

VI Path: C:\Users\Andrew\Documents\LabVIEW Data\2010 Game Robot Project\Dashboard Datatype.ctl

i dont know what to do from here, does anyone have any ideas?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(7,165 Views)

Hi Andrew,

When you create your project, the panel on the right is just an image to show you what your project is going to look like. You won't be able to change the IP address shown there. However, you should enter the correct IP address under cRIO IP Address in the Wizard.

Error 7 occurs when a specific filed needed is not found. Can you check in on your computer in folder C:\Users\Andrew\Documents\LabVIEW Data\2010 Game Robot Project\ for the file Dashboard Datatype.ctl? If it's not there, check to see if the file is located in another folder. If you find it in another folder, move it to C:\Users\Andrew\Documents\LabVIEW Data\2010 Game Robot Project\ since this is where the wizard is looking for the file. If it's not anywhere on your computer, then the software was not installed properly and you'll need to either run a repair or uninstall/reinstall the software.

~Olivia

NI FRC Support

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,232 Views)

Ok so it turns out I am missing the Dashboard Datatype.ctl, how do i repair the installation? i have the disks but i am new to NI and its software, I still haven't gotten a feel for the software yet

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,232 Views)

Hi Andrew,

To repair the software:

1. Open the Windows Control Panel and open Add/Remove Software

2. Scroll down to National Instruments Software and click on Change/Remove

3. Click on NI FIRST Robotics Competition 2010 Driver Station

4. Click on Repair.

You may want to repair NI FIRST Robotics Competition core as well and check that you have installed the updates for both LabVIEW and the Driver Station.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,232 Views)

I'm not sure you need to repair.  I suspect you have not installed the updates.

In LabVIEW, there is a link on the Getting Started Window that will tell you if you need to update.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,232 Views)

actually i have installed both updates, and i tried the repairing the installation twice. I am now currently uninstalling completely and i plan on trying a complete reinstall. I hope it works but for now i can only wait. if the issue persists i guess i'll be back once again

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,232 Views)

AND SUCCESS, now i gotta make up for the week and a half that i missed out on due to that error. thanks for the help anyhow

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,232 Views)