FIRST Robotics Competition Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Driver station not responding on non-classmate

I use my laptop for LabView development and I'm able to download my programs to the robot and use the classmate to drive it. However, I've never been able to get the driver station running on my laptop. I have the latest versions and the dashboard works and I've disabled my firewall without success.When I start the program Windows asks me if I want 2011 FRC Driver Station to modify my computer. I click yes. The driver station starts and appears on the bottom half of the screen but when I try to click anywhere on the DS nothing happens and the border above the DS says "FRC Driver Station (not responding)."

Any suggestions?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(4,785 Views)

What operating system is on your computer?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,812 Views)

Windows 7, service pack 1, 64-bit.  I hope that helps.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,812 Views)

Can't say that I have seen this one before. The Driver Station uses different ports to communicate than either the dashboard or downloading programs so its possible this port being blocked would cause some unresponsiveness from the driver station. If you right click the Driver Station exe and select Run as Administrator does that help?

Kevin Fort
Principal Software Engineer
NI
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,812 Views)

Same results. Which ports does the driver station use? Could there be a conflict with another program I'm running?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,812 Views)