FIRST Robotics Competition Documents

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Download FRC Software Here

FRC Software

LabVIEW Software for FRC Includes NI Vision, LabVIEW Real-Time Module, NI-RIO, and installation instructions

FRC Game Tools   Required for all teams to compete; includes the FRC Driver Station powered by NI LabVIEW

Still want to use a 4-slot or 8-slot cRIO? Install FRC 2014 Software?

The 4-slot and 8-slot cRIO controllers can no longer be used for FIRST competitions.  But you can still program these controllers for use in demo robots. You will need to use the NI Software for FRC 2014 installer and the FRC 2014 Update Suite (links below). You will also need the serial number from your FRC 2014 Kit of Parts to use this software.

Download the 2014 LabVIEW Software for FRC

Download the 2014 FRC Game Tools (Update Suite)

Comments
LVnuBee
on
We have retired 2 old competition bots to demo status, but they use cRIOs and need old software. We have LV13-FRC14 working on one, LV15-FRC16 on another, but want to run both on the latter, for Win10 compatibility (hopefully). So we need to reinstall LV15-FRC16 on more PCs (Win7 / Win10 perhaps). I'm unable to find the FRC 2016 Update Suite anywhere. There's a page found on ni.com with a link to it -- but link is dead. Don't need the LV15 software (got that from DVD) -- just the 2016 Update Suite.
LVnuBee
on
Re: missing download for FRC 2016 Update Suite NI page with dead link to the update: https://forums.ni.com/t5/FIRST-Robotics-Competition/FRC-2016-NI-Software-Set-Up-Guide/ta-p/3534879 If my impression is correct that LV15-FRC16 is the oldest with Win10 compatibility AND ability to code for cRIOs, then others are likely to need this too.
JonathanLindsey
on

@LVnuBee I don't have the FRC 2016 software but I do have the FRC 2017 software (both the major LV development system and the FRC update ZIP files) and it also has support for the cRIOs. I'd be happy to put it up on Google Drive (if NI is alright with that?) but I'd rather not host it there forever. I'm not sure how licensing works with this version; I know there was a year (I think 2014) that NI made the serial number not expire.

I also have the radio config utility from 2017.

ColorMan
on

@LVnuBee, I have the full 2016 FRC Update suite.  It is 807 Mb.  If appropriate, I would share it but you need to identify a resource for the transfer.