FIRST Robotics Competition Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot load cRIO2 program into original cRIO

NI FIRST Community,

I have been successfully developing robot code on the new cRIO2.  Today I finally got around

to re-imaging the original cRIO and attempting to deploy and run the same Labview code on

the original cRIO without success.

So, I re-imaged the cRIO with v43 firmware.  The Labview code successfully deploys and

I perform the run at startup successfully.  The cRIO message to reboot the cRIO comes

up as expected and I select it.  The driver station shows the upper green LED

but the lower green LED remains red.

Any suggestions what to try next?  I have all the Labview updates, have been  developing Labview

code for past week solid without issue until trying to transfer to older cRIO.

[03-21-12] Ok, finally got through the Waterford, MI district tournament so I was able to return to this issue.

I was able to get the original cRIO operational by going back to an earlier version of our team code.

I believe the program may have gotten too large for the original cRIO. The Autonomous program

is comprised of 15 separate, 1 second events tied together. In later team versions I created

4 copies of the autonomous.vi.  This is the only thing I think I have done to cause a program size issue.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(4,300 Views)

Can you deploy the code "manually" by just clicking the run arrow of your Robot Main VI?

Dip switches ALL OFF?

IP address of the project set correctly?

We have been switching between the old and new cRIO "at will" and have not had any problems except keeping the IP addresses straight. Our old cRIO is using a bogus team number of 1234 so we can test both at the same time without them interfering with each other.

Omar
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,797 Views)

I wouldn't expect any issues doing this other than the IP Address setting which Omar mentioned. I would try running in interactive mode as suggested as well as trying to run just the default code.

Kevin Fort
Principal Software Engineer
NI
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,797 Views)