FIRST Robotics Competition Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can not find script file error when starting driver station

Solved!
Go to solution

After this years install when starting driver station when smartdashboard or shuffboard are chosen as dashboard time it gives the error "Can not find script file 'C:\Users\<myusername>\Desktop\%Public%\frc2019\tools\SmartDashboard.vbs'

it is located under C:\Users\Public\frc2019\tools\SmartDashboard.vbs and I can start it manually, but it appears whatever code is launching it is not properly decoding the %public% environment variable properly.  I looked for an ini file and the registry for this path, is there a way to fix this?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(5,272 Views)

Hello Travis,

Thanks for pointing this out. I do see the same behavior:Screen Shot 2019-01-05 at 5.03.56 PM.png

It is indeed a known issue: Driver Station Dashboard launching.

Regards,

Message 2 of 5
(5,246 Views)
Solution
Accepted by Travis_5603

Aside from launching manually you can set it to launch default and update the ini file with this...

DashboardCmdLine = "wscript "C:\\Users\\Public\\frc2019\\tools\\SmartDashboard.vbs""

Default ini file is here...

C:\Users\Public\Documents\FRC\FRC DS Data Storage.ini

Found this with some help of an article from last year (I think)...

https://wpilib.screenstepslive.com/s/currentCS/m/driver_station/l/290135-manually-setting-the-driver...

and a conversation on FRC discord channel and some testing.  I'm sure you could do the same with Shuffleboard as well, just point it at the proper .vbs file for this year.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(5,236 Views)

I tried the solution provided but I still have the same error. 

Message 4 of 5
(5,169 Views)

- Lead Programmer for 6166

Hi, we have this same issue. Here is what we figured out: After you set the command above, in the DS where you choose the Dashboard Type, set it to 'Default'. That should open up (in our case) SmartDashboard. Leave it at Default and every time the DS is opened, your chosen Dashboard will open.

Of course, if you want to change your Dashboard to the Default one again, you'll have to change that command back to point at the actual Default Dashboard.

Message 5 of 5
(4,822 Views)