From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

FIRST Robotics Competition Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blarg!

OK so I have been working on this project in lab view for several hours now all to know avail. I am trying to write a program so that when the trigger (button 1) is pushed, the robot will activate a spike in a forward or reverse direction. The spikes are wired to the digital side car under PWM 3 which is then connected into slot 4. did I wire the spike wrong? should it be wired into a relay connection? Any help would be necessary.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(6,035 Views)

Yes.

"Spikes" are "Relays" so you must use the RELAY section of outputs on the Digital Sidecar.

PWM's are ONLY used for proportional outputs like Speed Controllers (victors and Jaguars), and Servos.

If you don't want to SMOKE your equipment, pay attention to the wiring diagram included in your kit of parts or located in the online documents.

Guessing where things are plugged in is a REALLLLLLLY bad idea.

Get a life? This IS my life!
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,416 Views)

Blarg! is a most unhelpful thread title. Perhaps a more useful one would be "Trouble getting relays to work" or "Wiring spike relay". Using a bad title means that someone who is an expert on relays wouldn't know that this thread is about relays and might not read it. It's to your advantage to make sure that you have well thought out thread titles.

You have wired the spike relay wrong. It should be wired to the relay output on the digital side car.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,416 Views)