FIRST Robotics Competition Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Baseline Image to Restart RoboRIO

I am trying to image a RoboRIO, and the imaging process starts, but halts on error "Unable to configure the settings".   A spare RoboRIO does not seem to have any problems.  I have tried rebooting, power cycling, starting in Safe Mode, and although the Imaging Tool recognizes the RoboRIO, it will not download the FRC_RoboRIO_2015_V23 image.  Perhaps a baseline image or refreshing the firmware will help recover it?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(5,237 Views)

How are you imaging the roboRIO? Over USB or Ethernet?

Brian H. -- Electronics & Measurements Product Marketing Manager
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,435 Views)

I am using USB.  The RoboRIO is only connected to Power (12 volts), and the USB (no other connections).   The Computer is not connected to wireless or network (only USB). 

The RoboRIO is recognized in WIndows Devices and Printers, and by the imaging tool.  Attempting to image appears to start, but then faults out with the message:  "Unable to configure the settings.  Unable to complete operation because of unexpected error property node (arg 2) in RborRIO imaging tool ..."

Did not have any problem imaging our (lucky we had one) spare. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,435 Views)

Does the roboRIO show up in the imaging tool when connecting via ethernet?

Brian H. -- Electronics & Measurements Product Marketing Manager
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,435 Views)

Thanks for your responses, I had to step away for a few hours.   To answer your questions, I can access the roboRIO, reimage, and update firmare via Ethernet.  Although the Imaging tool recognizes the device via USB and properly displays the device type and serial number,  we (tech support and I) could not get the USB on this unit to update the image or download code or firmware.  Additionally, we could not access it through the default USB IP (172.22.11.2), only our team specific ethernet IP.

Based on what you told me, when on the phone with technical support we did reimage using the network, as well as a firmware update.  I did not try ethernet initially, since all the blogs advised against it, but we did not seem to have much to loose.  However, still the USB connection would not work for imaging or firmware.

The final consensus was a defective USB circuit inside the roboRIO, so we are exchanging it. 

Thanks again.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,435 Views)