FIRST Robotics Competition Documents

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Archived] FRC 2015 WPI Robotics Library Overview

This page is archived and no longer updated by National Instruments. 

Contents

Introduction

RobotDrive
     Sensors
     Actuators
     I/O
     Driver Station
     Dashboard

Camera

Communication
     Utilities

Power
     Conclusion

Comments
MAE
on

[FRC 2014] FRC WPI Robotics Library Overview.pdf All but one of the links don't work.

See the

Basic Motor Control

tut

https://decibel.ni.com/content/docs/DOC-3014

etc.

See

this tutorial

links to [FRC 2012] Safety Config Tutorial https://decibel.ni.com/content/docs/DOC-14711

Zachmx
NI Employee (retired)
on

Hi MAE,

You are correct, a number of the hyperlinks in the PDF are outdated. You can find the new versions of all of those tutorials on the main FRC page. Sorry for the late reply!

Zach P.

Staff Software Engineer | LabVIEW R&D | National Instruments
NCNeil
on

Mechanum Sample for 2015 seems to be faulty.

We have noticed (and fixed) a few problems in the sample Holonomic Mechanum Cartesian code:

1. The joystick inputs have Rotation, X and Y messed up.  We had to fine-tooth-comb which should be hooked to what, but once we found the right VI, it was not difficult.

2. The motor comments that specify which motor gets which port has an error which prevents lateral X motion.  We switched the wires between port/motor 1 and 3 and now it works fine.

Not sure how this slipped through, I hope this helps other teams (particularly newbies) to get their mechanums working.

Neil

halestalons
on

We are Rookies and by rookies I mean rookies. We are trying to use a mechanum robot but dont know where to even start. Is it as easy as picking the mechanum drive from the drive types. And if it is does it work or are others having problems?

NCNeil
on

Yes, it's mostly that easy, but be sure to set your wheels to look like this image, or it won't drive right.  Also check out my comments above on the coding issues.

Mechanum Wheel Orientation.jpg

halestalons
on

Could you give a little help on where to find the code you are talking about? Which Vi etc.

halestalons
on

ok..running into a wall of inexperience. I need some help and fast (obviously) the drive isnt responding as it should (i'm sure because of the programming and how do you incorprate examp;es into your code?...Rookie Rookie Rookie..Any help would be awesome from you guys out there.

rkm44
NI Employee (retired)
on

Hi halestalons,

There are a couple mecanum examples in the LabVIEW Example Finder (Help>>Find Examples...). I would suggest starting out with Mecanum Steering.VI. This is going to allow you to get a feel for how mecanum steering actually works. After that you will use the Teleop VI (from the 2015 FRC Project), which is a great starting point for controlling motors. To control mecanum motors, all you need to do, on a basic level, is switch out the Tank Drive in the Teleop VI for the Holonomic Drive VI. Hopefully this should help you get started.

Rachel M.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments