FIRST Robotics Competition Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding and editing documents

Is anyone allowed to add and edit documents for the FIRST Community? I see buttons that allow me to do both. I would think there would be some type of access controls that would keep one person from messing up someone else's document.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(6,101 Views)

Dear sciencewhiz,

When creating a community document, the author has options to restrict or allow access to the entire community, specific users, or only themselves. In addition, the author can specify that changes must be approved by themselves or a specific user to control changes. In general, content is published with the widest permissible access, as it fosters collaboration and improvement of the content in the community.

I encourage you and everyone else who uses this community as a resource to leave comments for documents. I feel that comments are the best avenue for letting the author know of any suggestions, corrections, omissions, or kudos. Authors of community documents receive notifications when comments are made on a document, allowing for close monitoring and corrections/updates as needed.

Best Regards, and happy commenting!

Nate

NI FIRST Support

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,359 Views)