From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

FIRST Robotics Competition Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3D Robot Representation and Moving It

Hello all. I am currently a student on FRC Team 279 and myself and a mentor are seriously considering implementing a drivetrain known as "Jester" or "Mecanum." If you are not familar with it, here is a forklift that uses it, and here is the programming code that has been used on multiple robots on several teams. I have a 3 axis usb controller that I am programming with, as well as a licensed version of LABView that was provided to our team. What i want to do with this is first create a visual representation of the robot and 2008 field. the robot can be as simple as a scale square or create a 3D object of both. I currently have a very, very simple 2D picture of the robot and field. I have added a simple, event based motion system and boundries using comparison. What i would like to do with this is make a 3D version of it and use the contorller and code to make it move. My question is HOW?!?! i see that there are are 3D functions but i'm completely confused as to how to make them work. can i get some help with these from somebody, or at least a tutorial link.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(13,267 Views)

I did find these two 3d picture control tutorials on the web. Do they help you?

http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/371361B-01/lvconcepts/3d_pic_control/

http://zone.ni.com/devzone/cda/tut/p/id/3170#toc0

Joel Sumner
NI-Shanghai
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,850 Views)

Thank you for the tutorial pages, they have helped alot in getting me started, however, what i am specifically looking for is having a stationary field element under and/or around a moving 'robot' object. Do you know if this is possible to do, and if so, how could i do it?

thanks again for the help.

Okay, it shows in this picture in the scene object invoke node that there is a set geometry method but i can't find it/don't have it. i'm using the licensced labview full dev.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,850 Views)