FIRST Robotics Competition Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2014 Labview Dashboard source

Solved!
Go to solution

In the Getting Started Window, create a new dashboard project. That will start out with the source to the default dashboard.

Message 2 of 9
(4,745 Views)

Unforunately that shows Dashboard Main.vi as not being found

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(4,745 Views)

Can you browse to the directory that you created that project in and see if it's just named slightly different?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(4,745 Views)

Nope, It seems everything else is there.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(4,745 Views)

I just created a dashboard project from the Getting Started Window and it worked for me.  This is the prefered way to get Dashboard Main.vi.  If that isn't working, you may have a folder set to read-only, or perhaps the source got deleted.

To answer your question, the source of the Dashboard Project (where the wizard copies it from) lives here:

C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2013\ProjectTemplates\FRC Templates\Dashboard

Message 6 of 9
(4,745 Views)

Hi Doug,

All the other files are there except dashboard main.vi.    Before I go and reinstall everything (a process of hours),  only find out it isn't there still (I already did it on 2 computers), can you post it for me?

Thanks!

Jack

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(4,745 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Jackkc7vlo

Hi Jack,

Here is Dashboard Main.vi. I cannot guarantee it will run for you as you could also be missing some other files. You could try to repair the installation rather than uninstall/reinstall by going to the Control Panel>>Add/Remove Software>>National Instruments, selecting the FRC software and choosing repair. This process can sometimes restore missing files from the installation. Please let us know if you have further questions.

Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(4,745 Views)

Thanks Holly, that's exactly what I needed.

Jack

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(4,745 Views)