Example Programs

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Standalone LabVIEW-built Mac Application with Post-Build Action

Overview

This Novel LabVIEW App enables you to become part of a seriously trippy, interactive Work of Art.

Description

This VI is used in static photography to produce surreal, deformed images, the slit-scan imaging technique was evolved to create spectacular animations – enabling cinematographers to compose psychedelic flows of colours and movements.

Requirements

• LabVIEW 2012 (or compatible)
  • NI Vision Development Module and NI Vision Acquisition Software.

Steps to Implement or Execute Code

1. Open  Project
  2. Run different sub-vi to finish processes.

Additional Information or References  

SlitScan3.JPG

Originally used in static photography to produce surreal, deformed images, the slit-scan imaging technique was evolved to create spectacular animations – enabling cinematographers to compose psychedelic flows of colours and movements.

Slit-scan was traditionally a mechanical camera technique – but, as this application proves, software processing can be applied to bring this mesmerizing effect to any camera!

The technique is used in dozens of movies, adverts and music videos. It’s creates such a striking effect, that I was desperate to experiment with it myself! With LabVIEW and the NI Vision Developement Module by my side, I was determined to make it happen!

In essence, this application extracts n lines from the previous n images. These extracted lines are then used to construct the weird and wonderful slitscan image.

Scanning (top to bottom).JPG

The application also include a button on the front panel that allows you to reverse the direction of the scan.Scanning (bottom to top).JPG

To achieve this, the attached code creates a continuously updated cyclic buffer, which contains a certain number of previous frames from the live video stream. The specific number of frames that are held in memory are determined by the...

• Resolution of the camera.
  • The number of lines used in the scan.

These image buffers are preallocated when you click the run button, and then released/disposed when you click stop.

Preallocate memory.JPG

**This document has been updated to meet the current required format for the NI Code Exchange.**