Example Code

Simple Video Display with Axis Camera

Products and Environment

This section reflects the products and operating system used to create the example.

To download NI software, including the products shown below, visit ni.com/downloads.

Hardware

• Machine Vision

Software

• LabVIEW

Driver

• NI Vision Acquistion Software

Code and Documents

Attachment

Download All

Overview

This VI allows a user to take in the images being broadcasted by an Axis camera.

Description

IP Cameras are a type of digital video camera that send and receive data via a computer network. One of the ways to access these cameras is to use a Web Browser and simply type the IP of the camera into the Web Address bar.

This particular VI mimics this procedure by embedding a web browser into the front panel. It uses an Event Structure to capture when the user clicks the Load Browser button and loads the URL into the browser via the IWebBrowser2 Property Node.

Steps to Implement or Execute Code

1. Type in the camera's IP address
  2. Run the VI
  3. Click the Load button

Requirements

Software

LabVIEW 8.6 "or compatible"

Vision Acquisition Software 8.6 "or compatible"

Hardware

Axis IP Camera

VI Snippet

Axis_Camera_snippet.png

Additional Information or References

Configuring an Axis camera

**This document has been updated to meet the current required format for the NI Code Exchange. For more details visit this discussion thread**

National Instruments
Applications Engineer

Example code from the Example Code Exchange in the NI Community is licensed with the MIT license.

Comments
muya
on

The VI worked great.

How would I do image analysis on the web stream I am getting with NI's vision tools.

Rob_Steele
on

Tried downloading and running. The first error, the system could not find the 'TitleChangeCallback.vi'. 2nd error, could not find the 'BeforeNavigate2Callback.vi'. I guess, where would I find these guys?

Rob Steele

muya
on

I think this was posted by students who have graduated by now.

Rob_Steele
on

bummer - if i get something worked out I'll post it

rob

TobyHex
NI Employee (retired)
on

Simple fix. Remove the callback and just have the IP camera load to a webpage. Loaded the new code and it should be working.

Nick

National Instruments
Applications Engineer
Willhijx
on

The video feeds that I am getting are very large with a "splash" around them. I would really like to be able to trim the splash off and shrink the image. Any ideas?

Justin

Contributors