Overview This example will allow you to use an SMTP server to send a SMS message to a cell phone.
With the SMTP API you can send an email to your phone as a text message. There are a lot of different servers you can use the default in this example is using GMAIL through the smtp.gmail.com server. Most SMTP servers should work, but the server and cell phone needs to be compatible to send and receive SMS messages, more information can be found in the reference.
LabVIEW 2013 (or later)
Steps to Implement or Execute Code
1. Open Send Text using SMTP API.vi
2. Fill in the SMTP server in the Outgoing Mail Server (SMTP), gmail is the default server
3. Fill out your email & Password
4. Select your Carrier and Type your Phone Number
5. Type the text you would like to send in the Body Control