Example Code

PXIe Health Monitor

Products and Environment

This section reflects the products and operating system used to create the example.

To download NI software, including the products shown below, visit ni.com/downloads.

Hardware

• PXI|VXI

Software

• LabVIEW

Code and Documents

Attachment

Download All

Overview
This VI demonstrates how to monitor PXIe chassis temperatures, fan speeds, and voltage rails. It can be easily adapted or expanded to include other heath information like CPU Usage.

Description
Here is a brief description of the example:

The attached VI uses the System Configuration API to get a reference to a local or remote PXIe chassis and use that reference to periodically report the chassis' temperatures, fan speeds, and voltage rails. These values are the same ones that are reported in MAX under the "Settings" tab of the PXIe chassis.

Requirements

1. LabVIEW 2012 (or compatible)
  2. PXI Platform Services
  3. NI System Configuration
  4. Any PXIe chassis with an embedded or remote (MXI) controller

Steps to Implement or Execute Code

1. Open the attached VI
  2. Specify the name or IP address of the target (or use the dropdown menu to select an available system)
  3. Run the VI

Additional Information or References

VI Snippet

PXIe Health Monitor 2012 NIVerified.png

**This document has been updated to meet the current required format for the NI Code Exchange.**
David R
Systems Engineer
National Instruments

Example code from the Example Code Exchange in the NI Community is licensed with the MIT license.

Comments
Roohcifer
NI Employee (retired)
on

FYI, if you use this code with a 1075 or 1082 chassis and note that your system shuts off unexpectedly, you may be running into a known issue with those chassis.  The patch can be found here:  http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/95D99BA0EAB4EA8B86257A6B0058BD76

David R
Systems Engineer
National Instruments
jojo70
on

Hello,

Hope you people are fine. Anybody, guide me about how can I start learning National Instrument PXIe 1082. I need to analyze signals. Plus send me tutorials if you have any links. It is urgent. 

comsats8@gmail.com

Kaizen14
on

Hi,

Is there a LabWindows CVI version of this example that I can refer to.

Thank you,

Kaizen