Example Code

Output a Constant Analog Voltage with DAQmx

Products and Environment

This section reflects the products and operating system used to create the example.

To download NI software, including the products shown below, visit ni.com/downloads.

Hardware

• Data Acquisition (DAQ)

Software

• LabVIEW

Driver

• NI DAQmx

Code and Documents

Attachment

Overview

This example demonstrates how to output a constant and specific analog voltage level which can be modified during runtime.

Description

This example outputs a constant analog signal continuously out of an analog output channel on a NI DAQ card. This VI uses a gauge control on the front panel to change the analog output voltage during runtime. This example will continue to run until the user decides to stop the VI.

Requirements

Software

• LabVIEW 2009 or compatible
  • NI-DAQmx 9.1.5 or compatible

Hardware

• NI DAQ Card with at least one analog output channel

Steps to Implement or Execute Code

1. Download the VI
  2. Configure the analog output channel on the front panel
  3. Modification of the channel and timing setting can be configured in the block diagram
  4. Run the VI
  5. Use the gauge on the front panel to change the voltage level outputting from the DAQ device

Additional Information and References

Block Diagram

Write_Cont_Analog_Voltage.png

**This document has been updated to meet the current required format for the NI Code Exchange.**

Matt J - NI Tools Network

Example code from the Example Code Exchange in the NI Community is licensed with the MIT license.

Comments
dineshmeena
on

Hi matt,

Here i need to control a electro hydraulic valve for load test the maximum load range is 200kN and output signal is 10V i need to give a command in terms of mV or in terms of kN/sec and also i need a three seperate control switch to start the loading pause at certain value and to reset the value for loading. Can you provide some ideas for this

Thanks in advance,

Dineshmeena

Contributors