From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Example Code

Importing a .vhd File into the FPGA HDL Node (deprecated)

Products and Environment

This section reflects the products and operating system used to create the example.

To download NI software, including the products shown below, visit ni.com/downloads.

Software

• LabVIEW FPGA Module
  • LabVIEW

Code and Documents

Attachment

Overview

This example demonstrates how to include VHDL code in LabVIEW FPGA with the HDL Interface Node.

Description

This example demonstrates how to import the functionality of IP in a .vhd file into LV FPGA using the HDL node. It replicates a simple and function that is coded in VHDL and imported into LV using an HDL Node.

Requirements

Software

• LabVIEW Full Development System 2012 (or compatible)
  • LabVIEW FPGA Module 2012 (or compatible)

Hardware

• No hardware is necessary to use this example VI

Steps to Implement or Execute Code

1. Download and open the attached ZIP-file
  2. Open the VI and follow the instructions on the Front Panel

Additional Information or References

[FPGA] HDL Interface Node - Front Panel.png

[FPGA] HDL Interface Node - Block Diagram.png

VHDL AND Function.png

Note:
Keep in mind that the HDL Interface Node was replaced with the IP Integration Node in LabVIEW 2010.
The HDL Interface Node should only be used if you must use LabVIEW 2010 or earlier or if you already use it in an existing application.

**The code for this example has been edited to meet the new Community Example Style Guidelines. The edited copy is marked with the text ‘NIVerified’. Read here for more information about the new Example Guidelines and Community Platform.**
National Instruments
RIO Embedded Hardware PSE

CompactRIO Developers Guide

Example code from the Example Code Exchange in the NI Community is licensed with the MIT license.

Comments
maheshkumar0459
on

Hi Andrew,

I am able to integrate VHDL code into LabVIEW using IP integration node. If VHDL code is only a VHDL code it is working fine but if i use any xilinx ip then output is always '0' or false is coming. I didn't understand why this is happening. Please let me know the reason why it is happening.

Thanks & Regards,

Mahesh