From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Example Code

Data-logging with the Agilent DMM ag34405a

Products and Environment

This section reflects the products and operating system used to create the example.

To download NI software, including the products shown below, visit ni.com/downloads.

Hardware

• Instrument Control
  • Other

Code and Documents

Attachment

Overview

Use of the genuine NI ag34405a Driver to control the Digital Multi Meter for data-logging

Description

This VI controls the Agilent ag34405a multimeter for data-logging functionality. Please notice that acquisition speed can't be controlled and will be maximum. If you use a *.xls file, the maximum number of points you can store is 2^16.

Requirements

Software

LabVIEW 2012(or compatible)

NI-VISA 

Hardware

ag34405a

Additional Information or References

**This document has been updated to meet the current required format for the NI Code Exchange.**  

Example code from the Example Code Exchange in the NI Community is licensed with the MIT license.

Comments
BetaCommunityCo
on

this example can be improved a lot

Hi Yves

thanks for sending in this example. I need to download the driver first before I can change the example.

Two questions:

1)why are you adding a sequence frame?

except for the first frame and the last one (that actually does not need to exist also) you can delete the sequence.

the errorwire takes care of sequencing in your example.

2)I don't understand your remark about the .xls file. With these vi's you can write a .csv file but a .xls file is a native excel file that heavily depends on the excel version. (Microsoft seems to like to change the internal file format more often than NI. But you are right if you mean that any excel program cannot handle more than 64k of rows.

I'll try to update your eaxmple.

BetaCommunityCo
on

RE : this example could be improved a lot

Hi ! Thanks a lot for your comment You are sure right if you think that this VI could be improved a lot. I posted it like this was because I haven't much time to improve it myself. I am quite new with LabView (started 3 weeks ago...=) and worked a lot in the past with C and assembly language. That's perhaps the reason for the sequence frames =)... I know they aren't needed for the program to perform but it was more for my self comprehension ! And also the need of the global variables to perform "Real-time" user-triggered actions... There is probably a best way to do it =). So for the comment about the .xls file, it is exactly the reason I meant : an Excel program cannot handle more than 65536 rows...

I made a big mistake in this VI : the resource name is a constant and you will need to apply the following name for the DMM in MAX : Agilent_34405. So the next version will have a dynamic command for the resource name on the front panel....sorry !!!!

If you have time to update this example I would be very pleased to see the result, it would be a good occasion for me to learn something!

Thanks in advance,

Yves Kosmalla

BetaCommunityCo
on

example is already there

see http://community.ni.com/examples/ag34405a-v3-improved-example/