Example Code

Convert Binary Data to Scaled Data in DAQmx

Products and Environment

This section reflects the products and operating system used to create the example.

To download NI software, including the products shown below, visit ni.com/downloads.

Hardware

• Data Acquisition (DAQ)

Software

• LabVIEW

Driver

• NI DAQmx

Code and Documents

Attachment

Download All

Overview

This example shows how to acquire raw data (I16 format) and convert it back to a scaled voltage value using two different methods in DAQmx. his example shows how to call a targeted Windows' application (i.e. Calculator) using the System Exec VI.

Description

This example shows how to acquire raw data (I16 format) and convert it back to a scaled voltage value using two different methods in DAQmx.  The first method is manually scaling the voltage by using the equation "Voltage Reading = (binary reading/2^bit)*(Vmax-Vmin)".  The second method uses the DAQmx Channel property node: AI Device Scaling Coefficients to convert the binary data to scaled voltage.

Requirements

Software

• LabVIEW 2012 or compatible
  • NI-DAQmx 9.5.5 or compatible

Hardware

• NI Multifunction DAQ Device

Steps to Implement or Execute Code

1. Set physical channel.
  2. Set parameters.
  3. Run the VI

Additional Information or References

Check out this article to learn more about scaling binary values: http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/0FAD8D1DC10142FB482570DE00334AFB?OpenDocument

FrontPanelScaled.jpg

搜狗截图17年01月21日1723_1.png 

**This document has been updated to meet the current required format for the NI Code Exchange.**

Regards,
Jordan F
National Instruments

Example code from the Example Code Exchange in the NI Community is licensed with the MIT license.