From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Example Code

RFmxLTE & RFmxWCDMA ModAcc (EVM) Example (LabVIEW)

Code and Documents

Attachment

Overview

This example demonstrates how to use multiple NI-RFmx personalities (e.g. LTE and WCDMA) within a single VI and use the same RFmx handle.

Description

This example demonstrates how to perform EVM measurements with RFmx on WCDMA and LTE signals located at different carrier frequencies.

The example code is structured as follows:

1) An LTE waveform is generated using NI-RGSG Playback Library API and LTE EVM measurement is performed.

2) Once the LTE EVM mesurement is complete, a WCDMA waveform is generated and WCDMA EVM measurement is performed.

3) Results (Constellation plots, EVM traces, etc.) are displayed on the front panel.

Instructions

1. Configure RF hardware settings (HW Resource Name, carrier frequency, generation power level, etc.)

2. Run this VI.

3. Use tabs to select between LTE and WCDMA EVM measurements.

Note : Support file for the Reference Waveform File path should be present in the Support directory located in the same folder as this example.

( Support Files are attached with the example code below )

Requirements

Software

LabVIEW 2013 or higher

NI-RFmx WCDMA 2.0

NI-RFmx LTE 2.0

NI-RFSA 14.1

NI-RFSG Playback Library 2.0

Hardware

5644R/5645R/5646R/5668R

Additional Images

RFmx_LTE.png

RFMX_LTE_WCDMA.png

RFmx_WCDMA.png

Mikhail
RF Toolkits, Product Support Engineer
National Instruments

Example code from the Example Code Exchange in the NI Community is licensed with the MIT license.

Comments
Alexklippe
on

not working at me Error -200220 occurred at niRFSG Initialize.vi  Device identifier is invalid.

MikhailK
NI Employee (retired)
on

You would need to change the default hardware "Resource Names" for generation and analysis (i.e. VST1) to whatever hardware resource names you have on your system. To figure those out launch MAX (Start»Programs»National Instruments»Measurement & Automation) and go to "Devices and Interfaces"

Mikhail
National Instruments
Alexklippe
on

Thank you very much for reply. I haven't hardware ones. Maybe you have a virtual model transmitter + radio channel (+noise) + receiver of wcdma (hsdpa/hsupa). I need constellation, EVM trace and Measurements of virtual link.  Or how to add virtual transmitter for this model? Please help )

MikhailK
NI Employee (retired)
on

You cannot run this example with virtual hardware. If you have a recorded WCDMA waveform (raw IQ samples) you can use RFmx WCDMA API to demodulate it in the Analysis only mode. Refer to: http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/375473B-01/rfmxspecan/rfmx_hardware_agnostic_mode/ If you require additional help, please contact support@ni.com Thanks!

Mikhail
National Instruments
Contributors