Example Code

NI PXIe-5667 Spectrum Sweep With List Mode

Code and Documents

Attachment

Overview

Use this example to perform a spectrum sweep with the NI PXIe-5667. This example shows how to measure the performance of the NI PXIe-5667.

Description

The NI PXIe-5667 is setup for a Configuration List and Advance Trigger, such that each time the Advance Trigger is asserted via Timer Event, the subspectrum for IQ acquisition will change. Note that the configuration parameters that will change for each step are the following: IQ Carrier Frequency, Frequency Settling Time, and Time Interval. Each subspan to be acquired is already hardcoded into the example.

Effectivly, the whole RF signal is acquired in the producer loop in small chunks based on the subspans. The IQ records fetched from the acquisition for each subspan are enqueued with subspan information. The IQ records and information are dequeued in the consumer loop and then converted into a subspectrum. All the subspectrums are concactenated to form the whole frequency spectrum and calculations are made to determine the Scan Rate. The user can determine how fast records are queued or processed.

Steps to Implement or Execute Code

1. Select the RFSA Resource Name for the NI PXIe-5667.
  2. Configure Fast Tune mode.
  3. Configure Retrace Delay.
  4. Configure Settling Time mode and Settling Time.
  5. Run the VI.
  6. Fetch Throttle and Processing Throttle may be adjusted.
  7. Press STOP to end the spectrum sweep.

Requirements

Software

• LabVIEW 2009 SP1 or later.
  • RFSA 2.6 or later
  • NI Spectral Measurements Toolkit

Hardware

• NI PXIe-5667 (3.6 GHz or 7 GHz versions)

Additional Images or Video

Front Panel.PNG

VI Snippet

Block Diagram Snippet.png

Product Support Engineer
National Instruments

Example code from the Example Code Exchange in the NI Community is licensed with the MIT license.

Comments
Avinaash
on

Hi Jason_L1,

I'm trying to run this example using simulated hardware. I configured simulated NI PXIe-5667 (3.6GHz) in MAX. I've replaced the RFSA initialize VI with RFSA initialize with options VI and set the option string to Simulate=1, DriverSetup=Model:5667.

But I couldn't run the VI successfully. Model displayed is NI PXIe-5667 (7GHz) not (3.6GHz) and an error occurred at Create Configuration List VI.

Configuration in MAX:Error.PNG

.                              .Config in MAX.PNG

I don't know if the problem is with option string or simulation configuration in MAX. Could you please help me out?

I thank you in anticipation,

Avinash.

Contributors