From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Example Code

Histogram Example

Products and Environment

This section reflects the products and operating system used to create the example.

To download NI software, including the products shown below, visit ni.com/downloads.

Software

• Vision Development Module

Code and Documents

Attachment

Description

Overview

Demonstrates how to use the IMAQ Histogram function with a mask to return histogram information about the portion of the image in a Region of Interest (ROI).

Description

This example shows how to compute the histogram of an image or a region in the image. This example also shows how to set up and use the display tools to select and work on different regions in the image interactively. 

Hardware and Software Requirements

LabVIEW 2014 or compatible

Vision Development Module 2014 or compatible 

Steps to Implement or Execute Code

1. Download the attached VI, or in LabVIEW, go to Help >> Find Examples >> Toolkits and Modules >> Vision >> Analysis

2. Run the VI.
 3. Draw a ROI in the image by left clicking, hold left mouse button down, drag the mouse across the image, and release the mouse button.

Front Panel:

Capture.PNG 

Additional Information or References

Alyssa

Applications Engineering

National Instruments

Example code from the Example Code Exchange in the NI Community is licensed with the MIT license.

Comments
nimesh201198
on

Hello all i want to create a histogram of an image and i do not have any idea about LabVIEW please can anyone help me out with it