Example Code

Source DC Current and Measure Sweep - PXIe-6556

Products and Environment

This section reflects the products and operating system used to create the example.

To download NI software, including the products shown below, visit ni.com/downloads.

Hardware

• Modular Instrumentation

Software

• LabVIEW

Driver

• Other

Code and Documents

Attachment

Overview
    This example demonstrates how to source current and then measure voltage and measure current on the same set of channels.

Description

This example demonstrates how to source current and then measure voltage and measure current on the same set of channels. This VI takes a starting current value and an ending current value and performs a sweep based on a user-specified increment. For each current value, it configures and applies the specified current on the channels passed in the Channel List control. The PMU attempts to force the specified current while limiting the voltage to the specified upper and lower limits. The Source DC Current and Measure Sweep VI then graphs Current vs. Voltage for each channel on a XY Graph. 

This VI is meant to be used with the PXIe-6556 High-Speed Digital IO device with a built in PPMU.

Requirements
    Software
        LabVIEW 2012 (or compatible)
        NI-HSDIO driver which is compatible with your hardware and version of LabVIEW
    Hardware
        NI-HSDIO devices

Instructions
    1. Select the Resource Name.
    2. Run the VI.

Additional Information or References

Source DC Current and Measure Sweep Snippet.png

Continuity Current Sweep.png

**This document has been updated to meet the current required format for the NI Code Exchange.**

National Instruments

Example code from the Example Code Exchange in the NI Community is licensed with the MIT license.

Comments
davi123456
on

Hi, i´m a physics student in a federal university from Brazil, and i´m trying to do a similar program, the only difference is that i´m using VISA, because i haven´t got this specific driver that you used in your program. Could you enlighten me about it? Thanks!