3. After, you can populate the property object, each element in the container should have two sub properties: EnumeratorNameand EnumeratorValue that you can add using theNewSubPropery and SetValString andSetValNumber respectively methods:
4. You should create also a new data type using theNewDatatTypemethod and name it using Name Property:
5. By default, the data type is empty, to populate it you can use theUpdate enumerators method passing the reference of the created container:
6. Finally, you can insert the enum data type in the type usage list of the current sequence file using theInsertTypemethod, use the IncChange Count method required to indicate to the sequence editor or user interface that the file was modified and the SaveFileIfModifiedmethod to save the changes in the sequence file.
7. To create a instance of the enum data type you can use the NewSubProperty method, for example to create a local variable:
Note: The LabVIEW (2019) code described in this document is provided as attachment.