Virus scan in progress. Please wait to download attachments.
This VI allows you to use Google Static Map to search for a specific location (defined by latitude and Longitude), pin it and draw the path with another point.
The code was made using state machine design pattern to enable you to place more than 1 point on the map, draw the path between 2 selected points and update the map properties i.e. size, zoom and format. Each time you use the Google Maps APIs you must include a key, or other credentials, to validate your request. To get a Google Maps API key, go here
You can use this VI to set a specific location or in GPS tracking applications.
Steps to Implement or Execute Code
1. Download the project and open Google Static MAPs API_LV2012.vi
2. Open the block Diagram and Navigate to Update Map state
3. Enter your Google Maps API key after you create it from the above link
4. Run the VI
5. Choose the Latitude and Longitude
6. Clock on Add Marker. You can add another one if asked or click on cancel
7. If you modify the parameters click on Refresh
8. Choose the 2 points from Path Properties then click on show path to display the path between them.
9. Stop Execution
LabVIEW 2012 (or compatible)
Additional Information or References
**This document has been updated to meet the current required format for the NI Code Exchange.**
Example code from the Example Code Exchange in the NI Community is licensed with the MIT license.