Enhanced Icon Editor

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Store recent text/colors inside projects

It would be very usefull if text strings and colors were stored inside the active project.

The benefit is that opening up the project and adding a vi and editing the icon of the VI would read some 'library' values for that given project.

Even after a long time these settings would still persist.

Ton

Free Code Capture Tool! Version 2.1.3 with comments, web-upload, back-save and snippets!
Nederlandse LabVIEW user groep www.lvug.nl
My LabVIEW Ideas

LabVIEW, programming like it should be!
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(5,880 Views)

Do you mean like creating a theme for a project?  If so, thats a great idea and would probably belong on the project properties page.  However, I do not think that is solely an Icon Editor enhancement.  The IE would read that to be sure, but the color chooser when working within that project would also display colors related to said theme.

-p

Paul
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(4,287 Views)

Well a theme might be a little too much, but I would see a value to store a template inside a project including header and colors.

It would not mean that alteration of the 'template' redoes all the icons of current VIs

Ton

Free Code Capture Tool! Version 2.1.3 with comments, web-upload, back-save and snippets!
Nederlandse LabVIEW user groep www.lvug.nl
My LabVIEW Ideas

LabVIEW, programming like it should be!
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(4,287 Views)

I have multiple icon templates per projects (which contain multiple screens or even multiple apps).

I would like the icon editor to point to a folder (on disk) within a project, that contains icon templates

And be able to easily edit those templates through the icon editor.

So I guess the project xml could hold the relative folder path and when the Icon Editor is open it could create a (dynamic) folder link that contains these templates.

That would be very handy.

Certified LabVIEW Architect * LabVIEW Champion
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(4,287 Views)