From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Enhanced Icon Editor

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Odd error starting happening...

I solved this problem with a complete reinstallation of Labview 2013 SP1 (repair did not work).

I came across a possible reason for the error: I imported Glyphs from the ICON EDITOR after the first installation and added my own glyphs. These files are usually stored in the LabviewData folder inside "My documents".

I assume that there has been some issue, when reading the glyphs from there. So maybe it would not have been necessary to reinstall, but to only delete the Glyph folder, start Labview and Icon Editor and reimport the glyphs.

Best Regards
Martin
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 17
(3,133 Views)

Forget my last answer.

I do not know what I did wrong, but I have the same errors again... This makes me really angry...!

Best Regards
Martin
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 17
(3,133 Views)

Hi Shew82,

I'd like to recommend you to please post this question into the Discussion Forums rather than in the community, this because the discussion forums is a more active community were you will receive more and faster replies from different users with a lot of experience.

LabVIEW Discussion Forums

http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/bd-p/170

Best regards

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 17
(3,133 Views)

Hi Danubio,

Thanks for the suggestion - in this case I was going for a more targeted audience than a general forum posting and in the end I think the issue for me was more that my IT dept were doing something behind the scenes.

Shaun

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 17
(3,133 Views)

Do you know, what the IT department did?

Did you find a solution?

Best regards

Best Regards
Martin
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 17
(3,133 Views)

That day, they automatically uninstalled my TortoiseSVN, upgraded firefox, applied several Windows updates and probably a whole bunch of other stuff I didnt notice. The next day, after shutting down (and even more updates processing) and restarting everything returned to normal. I'm not sure if any were directly related but as so much happened and then the problem dissapeared, it seemed the most likely caulprit to me.

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 17
(3,133 Views)

Alrigth Shew82 I understand your point.

Best regards

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 17
(3,133 Views)