Enhanced Icon Editor

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Manual User Input bug?

Hallo to everybody... I am new in this group.

Since I had some problems in Sincronizing with ni.com Icon Library the program proposed me the option of sincronizing manually.

After having set the .zip and the .xml paths I found that the OK button in Manual User Input do... nothing.

I had a look at the code and I found that the event case for "OK" always set FALSE the EXIT for TRUE node of the main while loop.

So I modified the diagram adding an OR function...

After.png

It seems to me, if I am not wrong, that this can solve the problem...

Thanks to all for the great Enhanced Icon Editor... and sorry for my poor English!!

Cheers.

Marco.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(4,205 Views)

Hi Marco,

really good catch!

I guess that you are using a proxy server, therefore the HTTP request doesn't go through.

I am kinda embarrassed that I didn't see this problem when I run some basic tests on this dialog.

I have created CAR 182828.

Thanks,

Tom

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,664 Views)

Hi Tom,

you have no reason to be embarassed .

I know very well how difficult is to test every branch of a program, out of the "main stream"...

I got the problem because I hit it by accident almost immediatly. One of the first thing I tested in LW2009 is the new Icon editor.

At work I have access to the internet through a firewall, as you supposed, so my request of sincronizing were refused.

Trying to investigate the error I discovered, first of all, that the code for the new Icon Editor is "open source".

This is really GREAT!!! Thanks to NI...

You know the rest of the story...

Cheers.

Marco.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,664 Views)