Embedded Systems Conference

This is an open group. Sign in and click the "Join Group" button to become a group member and start posting.
Highlighted

NI Products to be featured at ESC 2010

Hardware

SingleBoard.jpeg

Single Board RIO
NI Single-Board RIO products are low-cost embedded deployment solutions based on NI CompactRIO. They integrate a real-time processor, reconfigurable field-programmable gate array (FPGA), and analog and digital I/O on a single board and are powered by NI LabVIEW Real-Time and LabVIEW FPGA technologies. The built-in analog and digital I/O can be expanded using C Series modules.
boardonlycseries.jpg

Board-only C Series

With the new embedded C Series modules, engineers and scientists easily can add measurement quality I/O to their applications by plugging any combination of the new modules directly into the three I/O expansion ports on NI Single-Board RIO devices. The 15 modules include a three-channel, 300 V analog input, 16-channel analog output module; four-channel, 24-bit bridge/strain module; and four-channel, 24-bit universal module.

crio.jpg

Compact RIO

The National Instruments CompactRIO programmable automation controller (PAC) is a low-cost reconfigurable control and acquisition system designed for applications that require high performance and reliability. The system combines an open embedded architecture with small size, extreme ruggedness, and hot-swappable industrial I/O modules. NI CompactRIO is powered by reconfigurable I/O (RIO) FPGA technology.

smart cmaera.jpg

Smart Camera

National Instruments Smart Cameras are industrial, high-quality image sensors combined with powerful processors to create rugged, all-in-one solutions for machine vision applications. You can use these cameras for applications including quality control, packaging verification, robot guidance, optical character recognition, and 2D code reading. NI Smart Cameras integrate easily with Programmable Automation Controllers (PACs), PLCs, and industrial HMIs. NI Smart Cameras are shipped with the NI Vision Builder for Automated Inspection (AI), configurable machine vision software that requires no programming.

Arm board.jpg

ARM Evaulation Boards

The LabVIEW Embedded Module for ARM Microcontrollers provides a selection of evaluation hardware boards that allow developers to prototype their ARM application before moving to custom ARM hardware. This document will detail board features, processor specifications and links to find more information from the manufacturer.

pxi-7952r_l.jpg

FlexRIO

NI FlexRIO hardware provides flexible, customizable I/O for NI LabVIEW FPGA. It features two parts: NI FlexRIO field-programmable gate array (FPGA) modules for PXI and NI FlexRIO adapter modules. Together, they form a high-performance, reconfigurable instrument programmable with LabVIEW FPGA software.

Software

LabVIEW.jpg

LabVIEW

For more than 20 years, NI LabVIEW graphical programming has revolutionized the development of test, measurement, and control applications. Regardless of experience, engineers and scientists can rapidly and cost-effectively interface with measurement and control hardware, analyze data, share results, and distribute systems.

FPGA.jpg

LabVIEW FPGA

The NI LabVIEW FPGA Module uses LabVIEW embedded technology to extend LabVIEW graphical development and target field-programmable gate arrays (FPGAs) on NI reconfigurable I/O (RIO) hardware. LabVIEW is distinctly suited for FPGA programming because it clearly represents parallelism and data flow. With the LabVIEW FPGA Module, you can create custom measurement and control hardware without low-level hardware description languages or board-level design. You can use this custom hardware for unique timing and triggering routines, ultrahigh-speed control, interfacing to digital protocols, digital signal processing (DSP), and many other applications requiring high-speed hardware reliability and tight determinism.

Real Time.jpg

LabVIEW Real Time

National Instruments real-time products combine the NI LabVIEW graphical development environment with LabVIEW Embedded technology to achieve the deterministic performance of dedicated real-time and FPGA targets. Deliver applications that run predictably in time with increased reliability and offer stand-alone operation.

ARM.bmp

LabVIEW for ARM Microcontrollers

The NI LabVIEW Embedded Module for ARM Microcontrollers delivers graphical programming to the popular embedded 32-bit reduced instruction set computing (RISC) processor. This module provides a comprehensive development environment for ARM7, ARM9, and Cortex-M3 microcontrollers. Order your low-cost evaluation kit to discover how graphical programming can help you develop higher-quality code more quickly.

Other Important Resources

From Rapid Prototyping to Low-Cost Deployment, Get to Market Faster with these NI Products

NI Advantages for Embedded Design Resource Kit

Introduction to ARM Microcontrollers

Programming ARM Microcontrollers with LabVIEW

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 1
(6,339 Views)
This is an open group. Sign in and click the "Join Group" button to become a group member and start posting.