Embedded Invasion

Highlighted

Re: ez430-Chronos Accelerometer and Theremin

Could you please mail me a labview8.5 or lower version?

Please mail at sidd1101@gmail.com    

Thank you

0 Kudos
Message 21 of 40
(258 Views)

Hi elgeeko,

I am learning your labview project of Chronoswatch430, I want to add more commands into your current project to request the altitude, temperature and so on.

I want to ask where could I download the communciation protocol to know the format of et430 sending/receiving packet ?

as you specify (xFF + command + data lenght + data)

is there CRC ? ending flag ?

And I have seen the baud rate is set as 115200 in your project, where are those packet format, communication baud rate and command (start access point ... and so on) being specified by TI ?

thanks !

Xin

0 Kudos
Message 22 of 40
(258 Views)

Hi Xin,

The ez430 Chronos Wiki is really the best resource to understand communication with the watch.

The watch is a reprogrammable microcontroller, so really my software only communicates with the watch in factory state. This is documented in the ez430 Chronos Wiki.

It's been a while since I looked into the code, but I do not recall a CRC or ending flag. The baud rate is fixed by the RF receiver; again this is documented in the ez430 Chronos Wiki.

0 Kudos
Message 23 of 40
(258 Views)

Hi elgeeko,

Thanks for your answer. By the way, where can i find the command of chronos watch ? like reques ACC is ff 08, start access point is  ff07, what is the command for requesting altitude and temperature ? I have not found that information in the wiki.

Cheers,

Xin

0 Kudos
Message 24 of 40
(258 Views)

The best documentation is the source code for the firmware that ships with the watch.

0 Kudos
Message 25 of 40
(258 Views)

Hi elgeeko,

Thanks, i have found the spec from the CC DLL project source code.

cheers

0 Kudos
Message 26 of 40
(258 Views)

elgeeko is absolutely right about requiring NI-VISA 5.0.1.  I ran his software successfully on a bunch of computers (some Windows 7, some XP, some desktops and some laptops), but some laptops (both Windows 7, not sure if that matters) had the "RF Dongle not acknowledged" error.  After lots of failed attempts at debugging, I noticed the NI-VISA 5.0.1 requirement, which I met by downloading the software from http://joule.ni.com/nidu/cds/view/p/id/2135/lang/en.  Now the issue is fixed!

Thanks, elgeeko, for a brilliant program.

Message 27 of 40
(258 Views)

Hi elgeeko,

I am trying to use your Graph Accelerometer (simple) VI as the first step in a SignalExpress project, in order to be able to do some processing and analysis and I am getting this error mesaage:

"Error occurred in Run LabVIEW 2011 (32-bit) VI step.

The VI is not executable. Please verify that the VI is not broken and saved as a Source Distribution (which "Includes vi.lib Files") and is within a Linked Library with the ".llb" extension."

Can you advise?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 28 of 40
(258 Views)

Hi Kull, I'm afraid I won't be of much help here, I am not familiar with SignalExpress. It sounds like, from the error, that SignalExpress is looking for a VI that has been saved as a source distribution within a library. I would suggest first trying to run the VIs standalone in LabVIEW.

0 Kudos
Message 29 of 40
(258 Views)

Thank you for your quick response and I'll try running it as you suggest.

FYI: LabVIEW SignalExpress is an interactive, data-logging software for quickly acquiring, analyzing, and presenting data from hundreds of data acquisition devices and instruments, with no programming required. It is fully integrated with LabVIEW and has a "Run LabVIEW VI" step. http://www.ni.com/labview/signalexpress/whatis.htm

0 Kudos
Message 30 of 40
(258 Views)
This is an open group. Sign in and click the "Join Group" button to become a group member and start posting.