Dynamic Signal Acquisition

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

problems using lock in amplifier start up kit

I've been using the LockInDEMO.vi  program from NI lock in amplifier start up kit. It seems that the signal and reference have to be either both external or both simulated(turn the signa generator switch on or off), but could it or some other programs use a simulated reference to perform lock in on an external signal(from my daq: PCI-6036E board)?

Another problem is that when I try to acquire data via programs using Daqmx, I always receive the following error message: Error -89130: Device is not Available for Routing....    This error doesn't disappear after I reset my Traditional NI-Daq in MAX(which is the only daq I see there I don't know whether I should also see another Daqmx driver I installed) as suggested by: http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/61371556441E5FF68625730600775934

Any suggestions would help. Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(6,767 Views)

Hi gyhe123,

How long have you been getting that -89130 error?  Did you ever have it working? If so, what changes did you make near the time when it broke?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(6,743 Views)

It hasn't work yet. I installed NI Daqmx driver 9.5 to use some VIs with Daqmx modules, but this error occured when using modules like Daqmx write, Daqmx read.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(6,736 Views)

Sorry to hear that!   Let's take a step back then, what are you trying to do overall, and what hardware exactly are you working with?  Also could you explain a little more what you mean by "reference" in your first question?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(6,716 Views)

I was trying to use modules from Daqmx driver to extract external signals from an NI Daq(BNC2120) connected to PCI-6036E board in my PC, and got stuck in that error.

However, using Traditional Daq modules I revised a VI to perform lock in with simulated signals as reference, and now it works fine.

The reference signal I mentioned is a signal with a clear frequency so that  the lock in program use it to extract the corresponding frequency component from input signals.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(6,696 Views)

Gotcha.  Well glad you got it working!  

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(6,660 Views)

Thank you! Although the Daqmx modules still malfunctionSmiley Sad

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(6,652 Views)

I researched the lock in amplified start up kit a bit more, and it appears that it has not been worked on for several years.  If you are able to get it running through traditional daq modules, I would stick with that.  I don't think it has been maintained through newer versions of DAQmx

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(6,635 Views)