Dynamic Signal Acquisition

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

amplitude and level

Dear sir

What is the difference between amplitude & level measurement with vibration level measurement? I found both has measurement such as RMS and Peak value, but it gave a quite different value when I try it simultaneously.

Can I used the amplitude & level measurement to measure vibration level?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(5,834 Views)

Product differences:

Amplitude and Levels Step is activated by SignalExpress

Vibration Level Step is activated by Sound and Vibration

Functional differences:

Amplitude and Levels Step gives a new result for every block (Step will hold peaks if you check that option)

Amplitude and Levels Step supports measurement of DC

Vibration Level Step always returns the result from the last reset

Vibration Level Step does not measure nor remove DC component; instead this step assumes vibration around equilibrium and/or that the data was acquired with AC coupling

Vibration Level Step supports time-domain integration (to convert acceleration --> velocity --> displacement) prior to the level computation.

Vibration Level Step supports industry-standard (fast, slow, impulse) and custom time constants for exponential level measurements.

What types of vibration are you trying to measure?

Vibration during shock event --> Amplitude and Levels

RMS level of an arbitrary signal --> Amplitude and Levels

Machine or structural vibration --> Vibration Level

In many cases, both steps can be used simultaneously Amplitude and Levels Step outputs can be used for trigger conditions. Vibration Level output (such as Exponential Level and Max-Min) can be used for logging and tracking of industry-standard levels.

Doug
NI Sound and Vibration
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(5,825 Views)