Dynamic Signal Acquisition

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

acquisition

I have an NI Card 6031E acquiring in HARDWARE SAMPLE CLOCK timing mode which means I supply a clock from an ATMEGA128 and the card acquires a value after each CLOCK high from another ASIC (Multiplexer chip).

The clock comes from a microcontroller ATMEGA128.

PROBLEM: I send an ' r ' character to the ATMEGA128 and subsequently I call the SAMPLE CLOCK timing read function in my user interface Visual C++ 6.0 on the PC. I am trying to synchronise PC with ATMEGA and NICARD data read, BUT I CANT DO IT.

The thing is when the ' r ' char is received at the ATMEGA128 this one does what it has to do just ONCE and may be does it too fast for the NICARD to read the values supplied by the CLOCK from the ATMEGA128.

The ATMEGA128 supplies a few digital binary signals (0 or 1) to the ASIC and the ASIC having received that particular sequence or digital waveform it sends the data (128 values one after each CLOCK high) to the NICARD.

Therefore, each CLOCK high delivers a value to the NICARD from the ASIC. The problem is that it seems I loose the data on the NICARD because the sequence is done very fast at the ATMEGA128 and the NICARD takes 480us I think to perform an instruction. I tried placing the READ function before sending the r char but it blocks.

I need SYNCHRONISATION between the NICARD acquiring values and the ATMEGA128 sending the clock and the ASIC sending data. Can I use other CHARS. I am lost! HELP! -)

Thanks,

Javi

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 1
(5,893 Views)