Dynamic Signal Acquisition

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will PCI-4451 work on W10?

Solved!
Go to solution

I have an accelerometer calibration system based on the PCI-4451 card currently installed in a XP OS computer.  Our organization is pushing to upgrade to W10.  This is a big generational leap--will my PCI card work on the newer OS?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,300 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author CalLab_Mark

Looking at DAQmx driver & OS compatibility version 15.5 is the earliest that can support Win10.

And looking at DAQmx v15.5 readme, PCI-4451 is no longer supported.

So, you're left with,

1. Convince your IT to leave those system run on WinXP
  2. Choose the latest DSA card that you can continue for at least a dozen years
Santhosh
Soliton Technologies

New to the forum? Please read community guidelines and how to ask smart questions

Only two ways to appreciate someone who spent their free time to reply/answer your question - give them Kudos or mark their reply as the answer/solution.

Finding it hard to source NI hardware? Try NI Trading Post
Message 2 of 3
(3,253 Views)

I've pretty much decided to push back on IT.  They can pound sand.  The system works fine but they want W10 for the increased security & ability to run scheduled updates on all corporate PCs.  The XP is far behind will be always be vulnerable.

As for updating to a newer DSA--there aren't many choices and NONE of the cards/USB box models are supported by my version of Calibration Executive.  A USB-4431 would replace my old PCI-4451 but it costs nearly $3000 plus the cost of upgrading Cal Exec (old version cost $5000) is just toooooo much to replace a system that's working.

Thank you Santhosh for checking that.  I didn't know where to look for compatibility questions on old products.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,231 Views)