Dynamic Signal Acquisition

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Temperature high of my PCI-4461 card

The Measurement & Automation Explorer shows our PCI-4461's temperature goes to 75 centigrade in about 5 minutes after power up. The environment temperature is about 30 degree, We have tried on different machines, one based on Windows 2003 Server and another is Windows XP SP2, both have same result. We dont know if it is normal because we see the extenrnal calibration and was done at 39 degree.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(7,773 Views)
Hi wxq,

75 centigrade is pretty toasty, but considering your ambient is 30 you're already starting higher than normal room temp (~23 c). Your card should still function, though your accuracy could suffer. Check out the specifications on pg 4 for some considerations. I don't know if this is an option, but you may want to check out the cooling of your computer i.e. adding more fans, keeping the vents clear and keeping the computers in a well ventilated area. You might consider turning the AC on too Smiley Happy  

Also note that Windows 2003 server is not a supported OS for DAQmx - the card may work but it may not.

Hope this helps,
Andrew S
National Instruments 
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(7,763 Views)

Hi,

I am concerned about the temp. of the 4461 card in my PC, the specification of the card says that the normal operating temp. is 0 to 50C, when i checked the temp. on MAX under the current temp. It's 49C! my room temp. is around 22C, i also assume that when the card starts working and generating signals the card temp. will go even higher! any thoughts on this please.

Thanks

Omran

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(6,228 Views)