Dynamic Signal Acquisition

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SNR measurement VI?

Hi Doug,

Sure, plesae see my recent post about acquiring and processing large data sets.

Best,

Drew

0 Kudos
Message 21 of 27
(8,763 Views)

Hi,

I am doing same type calculation in my code that I am calculating power of a signal after highpass filter. As you said in this thread about power calculation and you are using DC/RMS Vi but I have done it according to the power formula. Can you help me whether it is wrong or right. I just used the power formula(integration(squre of signal)/total time).

One more doubt, I want to calculate the SNR of signal of interest(noise+good) to the good signal but I am not using Sound and vibration toolkit. Its different application. Is there any special Vi that can calculate the SNR(20log(P1/P2)).

0 Kudos
Message 22 of 27
(8,666 Views)

Hey there , 

I have downloaded your attached programme and found that you have used an adaptive filter and so on ... Please, could you send me your full programme ... I will be really thankful.

Regards , 

0 Kudos
Message 23 of 27
(8,141 Views)

Hi,

I have gone through your file, when we ran it throws an error, later found that wave generation.vi file is missing. Requesting you can you please share the file.

Regards,

C J

0 Kudos
Message 24 of 27
(4,436 Views)

Are you referring to "Waveform Buffer Generation.vi"? That is a DAQmx example utility VI found at 

<LabVIEW>\examples\DAQmx\_Utility\Waveform Buffer Generation.vi

Here is VI snippet of the top-level calling VI in LabVIEW 2019.

SNR from DAQmx and LV Express.png

Doug
NI Sound and Vibration
0 Kudos
Message 25 of 27
(4,428 Views)

This thread was started many years ago. If you want to go through the thread, you can certainly pull the VIs to measure SNR from functionality that ships with LabVIEW Full. If you also have access to Sound and Vibration Toolkit, use the SV API to calculate SNR. There are ready-to-run examples, VI reference documentation, and conceptual materials that will help you confidently measure SNR, THD, THDN, SINAD, SFDR, Dynamic Range, and other audio/acoustic metrics.

Doug
NI Sound and Vibration
0 Kudos
Message 26 of 27
(4,427 Views)

Hi,

I Have one doubt in the SNR formula_modified for express VI  how you came up with this equation?

0 Kudos
Message 27 of 27
(4,272 Views)