Dynamic Signal Acquisition

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RS-232

HelloEveryone,

Ihave been working on receiving  signal from MSP430 board. Following arethe steps that  I am following for my project:

1) Receiving bytes from RS-232 port. These bytes are received at9600 baud rate. I am using only 1 stop bit, no parity and no flow control.

2) I have modified the 'Advanced Serial Write and Read .VI' available in NIexamples. The VI collects the data in  30 seconds and in 30 seconds it issupposed to collect 6000 byte. I have set buffer size as 6000 bytes.

3) Ihave checked in hyperternminal and another software called 'realterm' whichshows the data on RS-232 port. These two accessories are showing correctdata received on RS-232 port but my VI is not able to read all thedata .

4) MyVI stops running once it collects all the 6000 samples.

5)The arrays shown here converts the ASCII bytes ( append two consecutive bytesto form a word which is converted to HEX). Dont bother about the arrays as theyare working fine.

Whatsthe problem???...

My VIis not able to read all the data correctly. After few seconds from start itshows around 1230 bytes (any random number which is less than 6000 bytes) arereceived . In another few seconds it shows some more bytes are received. Aftersome time like (10 or 15 secs) it shows that it received all 6000 bytes andthen stops. The data received is corrupted (showing lot of noise) also sometimes it takes forever to collect 6000 bytes as it starts recollecting the datafrom 0 when it looses some bytes.

I amnot sure what is actually happening in RS-232 and labview protocol .

Cananyone help in  this regard???

Thanks lot in advance!!!! 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 1
(6,461 Views)