Dynamic Signal Acquisition

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with savings data from FPGA

Hello!

I need help with renaming names of signals. When I use function Write measurement file and try to save data of 5 signals is everything OK. I have only problems to rename names of the signals. Now I have name of the signal like Untitled 1, Untitled 2 etc, but I would like to put names of the signals, like pressure, position etc. I ahve set up to save in .lvm file, becouse tdms or tdm doesn't support on my computer. I was trying to save with other ways like function TDMS but then I need to install others programs to open. 

Best regards, Andrej  

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(7,910 Views)

Hello Andrej!

TDMS is a good file type especially when you want to add properties to channels. It's not clear for me what you have to install additionally to open those files, what you only need to use is the TDMS file viewer vi that will open an interactive window where you can check your data, or you could also use low level VIs like TDMS Read.

Are you using DAQ Assistant? Because you can name your channels whatever you want by dright clicking the channel and selecting rename in the dialog window.

Does these answer your questions?

May you have furtehr questions or things mentioned above where not clear, please let me know!

Best regards,

David Varga

Applications Engineer

NIH

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(7,892 Views)

Hey Andrej,

Meanwhile I realized you are aquering from FPGA so I guess you are notusing DAQ Assistant 🙂

Please let me know if you still have consernes with TDMS!

Best regards,

David Varga

Applications Engineer

NIH 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(7,889 Views)

Hello!

Thank you for your help.

But I have other problems. Becouse I have a lot of datas to save and I would like to save in more files this datas. The easiest way for me is to use function "Write measurement file" becouse you can reset and write data in new file. You know what I mean?? But here is the rpoblem to raname names of datas.

I tried to use TDMS in function "write measurement file" but my program said that it does not support this kind of format.  And all others way to use, I saw that they have DAQ Asisstant, I do not have so many experience to work with them.

Is here any chance to use function Write measurement file, write in .lvm file and put the name of channels??

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(7,883 Views)

Hi Andrej,

I still think TDMS will be the solution as it can accept many datatypes. First of all I would recommend you to check the following link:

http://zone.ni.com/devzone/cda/tut/p/id/9334 . Here you can find useful information about TDMS file operations. Meanwhile could you post a screenshot of what you have done till know? Could you also describe tha datatype you are using? Could you just tell a few words about your application please : number of channels, sample rate, type of channels etc. If I know these I might have ideas to help inprove your application!

Best regards,

David varga

Applications Engineer

NIH

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(7,881 Views)
 Hello!

Yes, no problem!  I am working on LabView 8.2. My task is to make two programs to control my switching valves on gripper. So here I have two pressure senzor and one position senzor that means three input in program and 4 output signals, for 4 swithing valves.  

First I need to create new project. On this project I create two programs. One on FPGA card and another on PC and three FIFOs. Here I also have three input signals and four output signals.

On FPGA program I have all things working fine. Here is picture of this:

Binder10_Page_7.jpg
And with PC program I controll FPGA program. So with PC program I put values over the global variables to the FPGA program and turn off the measurement and etc. every thing is working fine. I have only problems to put names of the signals, when I want to save. 

I am making here measurements and I need to save for each cycle in another file. With function "write measurement file" that was working perfect and with .lvm file you can open it with notepad and you can see results. I tried like it was described on the link that you send to me. And it was working but I don't know how to save in another file and how to open files. Do you need to make anoter program to see results?? or how can you do it??

Binder10_Page_3.jpg

Regards Andrej! 
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(7,864 Views)

Hey Andrej,

I would recommend to use low level File IO VI and I would still recommend TDMS files as setting channel properties is really simple and we have TDMS Ecxel Add In available so with that you can analyze your data in excel, dont need to write a new program, however that VI would only contain TDMS viewer so its woth considering.You can download and find some more information about TDMS Add In on the following link:

http://zone.ni.com/devzone/cda/epd/p/id/2944

Might you have further questions, feel fee to ask!

Best regards,

David Varga

Applications Engineer

NIH

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(7,846 Views)

Hello!

First I would like to say, thank you for your help and for your time to help me. I was trying to make with TDMS but I had problems. I couldn't use this kind of files. So in the end I left in .lvm file and import data to exel for the first time. 

But you gives a lot of new ideas how to make and more flexible and faster!  

Bye 

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(7,772 Views)