Dynamic Signal Acquisition

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PXI-4462 Self-Test failure - error -223022

Hi - I received the following error message on installing a PXI-4462 into a PXI-1000B crate:

Error -223022 occured at Self Test.

Possible Reaons

Internal Software Error occured in DSA software.  Please contact National Instruments Support.

I tried rebooting, and got the same error.  And I reintalled the card in a different slot, and got the same error.  Please advise.

Mike Beversluis
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(11,476 Views)
Hi Mike,
That error means something serious (digitally) is wrong when the board is being initialized.
1) Do you have another PXI chassis you can try it in? (to ensure the power rails are good on that particular PXI chassis)
2) Has the board worked before? (did you get it from another dept?)
3) How long has your company/institution owned the board?

Having gotten this error several times, the only thing I can suggest is sending it in to National Instruments' RMA dept.   This has been seen before and they will be able to fix it and get it back to you.

1) http://www.ni.com/support/ and hit "Ask An Engineer" to get a phone number after answering a few questions
2) tell them you need to RMA your board.

I would suggest getting a hold of a support engineer as soon as possible since this is probably the only way you can get back up and running. (if another pxi chassis doesn't work)

Sorry I don't have better news Smiley Sad

-gaving
Message 2 of 7
(11,475 Views)
Hi Gaving

No, unfortunately I don't have another PXI-crate.  I did get it from someone else who was using it with two 6133's, and while I didn't verify that these still worked, I took them out of what was supposed to be a working PXI-1000B crate.

2 & 3)  The card is brand new - just taken out of the package yesterday.  I touched the static bag to the chasis on one of the connector's sheilds, and then slid it into place.

I will start on the RMA.

Mike

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(11,467 Views)

Hi Mike,

I saw you were having problems using with PXI-4462  and PXI-1000B together.

Did you managed to make them work.

Best regards,

Vassil

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(10,864 Views)

Hi Vassel,

It looks like this forum provides an answer to your question. It is linked so other people can find the answer as well.

Regards,

Kent

Applications Engineer

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(10,843 Views)
Mike,

Did you resolve your issue?

We have one PXI-4461, eighty six PXI-4462, all are currently involved in a recall.

Did you receive a "Long-Term Fuse Reliability" recall letter from NI?

It mentions errors "-50400, -200313, -200550, and -239022", while you mention error "223022". 

Also, in MAX, affected cards, with a blown fuse, will fail the
"Device Reset" from the test panel and report to you error "-223022".

Sounds like you have a blown fuse to me. 

Kevin.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(9,358 Views)

Please see the following KB for more information on these error codes:

What do Error Codes -50400 and -223022 Mean on NI 446X Devices?

Thank you,

Brooks
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(9,299 Views)