From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Dynamic Signal Acquisition

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help to measure Distortion on 115vac 400Hz

Solved!
Go to solution

I got an PXI-4472 connected to an 115vac 400Hz inverter (voltage is adjusted from 115vrms down to 2.6vrms true resistors) to measure frequency and distortion in percent.

I have no problem reading the 400Hz frequency but when I try to use the Distortion Measurement VI (Signal Processing - WFM Measure - Distortion) I get nothing.

I want to read the distortion in percent.

How do I do that?

The frequency is allways 400Hz +/- 1%.

kls
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(6,563 Views)

posting your vi would be of great help to help you 😉

Greetings from Germany
Henrik

LV since v3.1

“ground” is a convenient fantasy

'˙˙˙˙uıɐƃɐ lɐıp puɐ °06 ǝuoɥd ɹnoʎ uɹnʇ ǝsɐǝld 'ʎɹɐuıƃɐɯı sı pǝlɐıp ǝʌɐɥ noʎ ɹǝqɯnu ǝɥʇ'

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(6,529 Views)

Also, please post a typical dataset with your VI.

Doug
NI Sound and Vibration
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(6,522 Views)

I am guessing you found your solution. For the next person with a similar question, please refer to the example VI Harmonic Analyzer Measurement that ships with LabVIEW.

If you want a simple test VI where you control the amount of distortion, you can try the following:

Distortion Measurement Example.png

This snippet creates a fundamental tone at 400 Hz and a harmonic at 1200 Hz. When run, this VI returns the expected THD of 1 %.

Doug
NI Sound and Vibration
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(6,510 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Kimlorentz

Yes I was able to find my fault. I forgot to multiple by 100 to get the %.Smiley Very Happy

Distortion.jpg

kls
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(6,505 Views)