From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Dynamic Signal Acquisition

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI-DAQmx Multiple Tasks on one card?

Yes, it is possible. When I run your code I get the results I expected (sinewaves on ai0 and ai1). Below is a screenshot of the acquired data. Did you have a separate VI for acquiring the signals for validation?

Two Sine Waves.PNG

Doug
NI Sound and Vibration
Message 11 of 14
(6,489 Views)

One channel of my analog scope broke...  I had thought that these analog equipments outlive digital stuffs, but I was wrong.  Thanks for testing out the code.  I really appreciate that.

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 14
(6,483 Views)

This thread was quite informative but outdated. I want to know if anything has changed since 2004 with the ability to run multiple tasks on the same device. I have cDAQ-9188 which can supposedly run 7 different generations/acquisitions at the same time. I also have an NI 9264 analog output module. I had hoped to group a few channels together in one task that generates DC, and also create another task that generates waveform data. So far it claims that the device is busy if I try to run more than one task at once, even though tasks do not share channels. Is a single module still only capable of a single sample rate?

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 14
(6,152 Views)

For closure, the short answer is no. Here is a more detailed resource:

How Many Different Tasks Can I Concurrently Run on a Gen II CompactDAQ Chassis?

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 14
(4,293 Views)