Dynamic Signal Acquisition

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labview 8.2.1 with Windows Server 2003 ?

Hi Everyone,

(I use LabVIEW RT DSC 8.2.1 and I will be upgrading to LabVIEW 9 this summer)

I have a problem :

Description of the control architecture  :

I am working with around 25 NI controllers (5 PXI, 3 Crio and the rest are cFP&FP)

I have one server that is collecting (read & write by SV binding) most of the signals from those controllers into SV libraries.

The server is also responsible to some processes like (non linear scalings, watchdogs, restarting system....) - processes that concern all clients.

The Clients control the operational of the facility with applications that read & write from (or to) the Server SV libraries.

Problem :

The Sever is working very slow, and it turns out that originally the server is from a "PIZZA IBM" type and was coerced to work with XP (Service Pack 2, 32 bit) Windows OS.

The computers department told me that this Server "PIZZA IBM" is not suited to work with XP and they did some patching in order to make it work with XP.

I think that is the cause that the Server is working not properly, then I want to install Windows Server 2003, but NI told me that they do not support it.

(maybe this is the reason that originally we didn't install Windows Server 2003, since we use LabVIEW all over)

What should I do If I want a proper Server with Labview?

Is there anyone else in here that is using a server? so what OS is installed on it ?

How does other facilities sovle this problem?

Sincerely Yours,

Amitai Abramson.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 1
(6,162 Views)