From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Dynamic Signal Acquisition

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Input/Output hardware for audio testing?

I've only skimmed this thread so perhaps this has been covered, but wanted to make sure to point out that DSA products have a dedicated ADC per channel, thus support true simultaneous sampling.  Most DAQ products have a single ADC and mux the input channels, which is obviously not simultaneous sampling.  This may or may not be important to your application.

-alan

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 14
(3,999 Views)

Are these glitches between EVERY sample?  Or perhaps at tbe beginning and end of every output 'task'?  I don't see how they can occur between samples, unless they can be easily filtered out....  I need to create audio streams, and perhaps the glitches are not apparant in the band of interest (they only have very high frequency content..  I'm sure the DSA type H/W can prodiuce audio stream, but I was looking for a lower resolution (accompanied by a lower price).

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 14
(3,977 Views)

The glitches occur at the binary transitions -- i.e. the transition from 01111 to 10000.  So you'll see one big glitch for every wavelength.  You might be able to recenter the waveform with a DC bias such that you never use the MSB bit of the DAC.  That might help.  You can also filter, but I'm not sure you can maintain hi-fidelity with that method.

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 14
(3,973 Views)

Thanks.  Duh...  I should have thought about the 'resistor ladder' type of DAC and the bit transition glitches.... 

The devices that I would be driving with the analog output are inherantly band-limited and have anti-aliasing filters.  This should help.  But the glitch will be puting lots of energy into any kind of filter.   I need to think about this one....

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 14
(3,970 Views)