Dynamic Signal Acquisition

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IEPE/ICP tachometer for NI9233 or NI9234

Does anyone know of an IEPE/ICP tachometer for the NI9233 or NI9234 IEPE card? The NI cards are limited to 2mAmps source current.

Or ...   is there a cleaner way to input tachometer signals into the Compact DAQ platform for the Sound and Vibration Measurement Suite?

Thanks! 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(13,387 Views)

Hi dandrews-

I will refer you to this discussion forum post as I believe it will address this question.

Thanks and have a great day!

Gary P.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(13,370 Views)

I was familiar with that posting and was hoping there may be additional information available. There is a IEPE compatible tachometer from PCB (Lasertach) - but it requires 4 mA of supply current. I had looked at Banner's web page and did not locate anything.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(13,364 Views)

dandrews-

You could always provide external excitation to your transducer.  Or, you could use two channels in parallel to get up to the 4 mA excitation.  Just a couple ideas.

You can also look into our 447X devices (PCI 4472, for example).  They provide up to 4 mA of excitation.

Gary P.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
Message 4 of 8
(13,340 Views)

Yes, 2 channels in parallel works, I've tested that sucessfully with at B&K 2981 - CCLD laser tacho probe.

Just use a BNC T-junction piece, and don't forget to configure the internal IEPE excitation for both channels.

Before doing so, the probe was connected to 1 channel only. It worked sometimes, but not reliably.

After connecting to 2 channels in parallel, it worked reliably, but at the cost of spendin 2 channels 😞

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(10,078 Views)

The challenge is the laser tachs need 3 to 4ma of power and the 9233 / 9234 only provide 2ma per  channel. 

The new 9230 and 9232 modules provide 4ma.  These only use one channel, and have a wider input voltage range. 

Preston Johnson
Solutions Manager, Industrial IoT: Condition Monitoring and Predictive Analytics
cbt
512 431 2371
preston.johnson@cbtechinc
Message 6 of 8
(10,073 Views)

Hai,

I am using laser tacho probe type 2981 , connected in NI9234 module , how get Rpm DAQmx 

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(6,168 Views)

Hi kumarb,

It looks like you are trying to comment on a forum that is over three years old. To get more expedited answers I would try posting your question as a new thread on this forum.

Thanks!

Jacob C.
Applications Engineering
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(6,158 Views)