From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Dynamic Signal Acquisition

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help calibrating the PCI-4474 Board

Spoke with a rep from NI. They said in order to externally calibrate the PCI-4474 board, I should use the same procedure as the 4472. My question is this: The steps are:
1. connect the calibrator voltage to all input channels.
2. Set the voltage to 5.00V
3. Check the date (using nidsacal.dll)
4. Call Calibrate_DSA (I am assumiing I can use DSA Calibrate.vi. This is where I run into problems. I am suppose to set "setofCalConst" to ND_USER_EEPROM_AREA. The calibrate.vi does not have this option. Am I missing something. Then step 5 is to
5. Call copyCalConst to move the info stored in the user area of the EEPROM to the factory area of the EEPROM. This step I have no problem with because it is called from nidsacal.dll
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(6,174 Views)
Hi Kimberly,

Actually, you do not need to specify the ND_USER_EEPROM_AREA. The prototype in the DLL is Calibrate_DSA (deviceNumber, operation, refVoltage) and you only need to specify the device, the operation (internal or external calibration), and give the reference voltage. These should be the same three inputs you have available from the DSA Calibrate VI in LabVIEW. Simply specify the device, external calibration, and give the reference voltage and you're set.

Best Regards,
Justin Britten

Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(6,174 Views)